Immediate Past President
Nancy's love of local history blossomed after she retired from Artesian Water Company in 2007. Shortly after her retirement, she began working as guide/educator for the Delaware Historical Society and also the New Castle Historical Society.
As Conservation and Environmental Initiatives Coordinator at Artesian, Nancy had taught fourth graders to conserve water and protect our natural resources. It was an easy transition for her to share colonial history with the same age group at the Amstel House, the Dutch House and the Read House and Gardens.
In Historic New Castle she enjoys sharing her passion for good food as an open hearth cook. She began volunteering at the Hale Byrnes House soon after she learned that David Finney (son of Dr. John Finney, who built the Amstel House in Old New Castle), owned HB House from 1750-1772.
Nancy previously served on the Boards of the Delaware Nature Society, the Appoquinimink River Association and the Christina Conservancy, where she is now an Advisor. In addition she has served on the Boards of Chapel Street Theatre in Newark and the Everett Theatre in Middletown. She is a member of the Delaware Historical Society, the New Castle Historical Society and Preservation Delaware.